- You accept an invitation, or except you’re not included.
- Bated breath gives an air of suspense while something baited is waiting for a tasty bite.
- Cement is a bag full of powder. Concrete is made of cement, sand, gravel and water.
- You can defuse a situation to make it less tense. Diffuse something and you’re spreading it over a wide area.
- You might have a flair for writing, but see a bright flare in the sky.
- It was Colonel Mustard in the drawing room with the lead pipe, which led the inspector to arrest him. The crime will only lead him to jail. Clear?
- A good doctor will have a practice of his own. It probably took a lot of exam practise to get him there.
- Laura plays the lead role in the film. She’s also the best paid on the pay roll.
- On the third storey, Mr Davidson was telling a great story
- Something like a car of a bike can be stationary, Stationery is what you write on.
If you’ve been given the job of updating the company blog or newsletter even just knowing where to start can feel intimidating. We are all experts at putting things off. When a task looms large in our heads, it can sometimes feel easier to just ignore it and do something easier instead. All writers procrastinate. […]
A quick heads up on why the words at the top matter. Headline writing is a true art form. Armed with just a few well chosen words you can convey a great deal within a matter of seconds. It’s no surprise then that with so much riding on headlines a lot of thought goes into their […]
Writing for a living can be very rewarding. Every day you create something new; bringing new ideas to life. But EVERYONE has little bugbears about their profession and writing is no exception. Now it goes without saying that I love what I do… but every so often I feel the need to count to ten. […]